Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thing #9


Wood Type L I B r-ca2 A R37 You

I've never used the all the different Flickr apps before. From reading some of the other participants' blogs, it seems people are struggling to come up with a lot good uses. I've thought of a few:
  • direct students to Flickr for images for Power Point presentations (creative commons material would be ideal) I figure many of them just do a google image search for a photo so they might just want to use Flickr instead to avoid any copyright issues.
  • use in library promotional materials to create graphics, signage, presentations, etc. (creative commons photos again)
  • use in instructional tutorials
  • keep track of colleagues with some of the Flickr mapping tools
  • use the Picmarkr application to watermark library photos to "brand" our photos.
For fun, I also tried out the Bubblr, Flickr Logo Maker, Montager, Postcard Browser, and Colrpckr and spelling with Flickr.



1 comment:

Michael Sauers said...

Flickr is pretty much my sole source for presentation images. My slides weren't nearly as interesting before I descovered Flickr. (all cc-licensed uses if course.)