Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thing #15

Slideshare

I don't make a lot of Power Points so for me the main use would be finding presentations from others. Really useful would be seeing presentations from conferences and meetings that I can't attend.

The most useful presentations contain transcripts but it's a shame the transcript comes so far at the bottom of the page. I'd rather have that more prominently displayed towards the top. I missed that on the first several I looked at.

It would be easy to embed Power Points into our tutorials that we build with Lessonbuilder. Then all the tutorial content would be in one place and embedded into the webpage.

I tried to upload the Simpsons themed presentation a coworker and I did for new student orientation last August but I kept getting an error message when I was uploading. I tried on Firefox and IE but no luck. I got the following error:
Conversion failed! Invalid title. Please enter a valid title for your file.

EDIT: Okay I tried again today and managed to get it working. Here is mine:


Here's one about archives that I found to be informative. It had a lot of good practical information:

No comments: