Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thing #18

PB Wiki

I added a favorite restaurant and wiki to the Nebraska Learns 2.0 wiki on PBWiki. I also cleaned up a few things in the sidebar because some of the pages weren't linking correctly. I think PBWiki is a good choice because it allows the wiki administrator to set page level permissions, something I mentioned in my last post about wikis. So I might migrate my work wikis over to that site so the access levels can be more detailed.

A wiki like this experimental one is a great tool for community groups since anyone can edit it. I think the opportunities for public libraries to use these are enormous. Patrons could collaborate and library staff would learn a lot about their customers.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for fixing the linking problems you found!